Sean M. Housley
Certified Public Accountant
Duties of the Village of Silver Lake Clerk:
The clerk shall attend all meetings of Council, keep such records and perform all other duties prescribed by Council and the laws of the State of Ohio (per Village of Silver Lake Codified Ordinances Charter Section 4.06).
Duties of the Village of Silver Lake Treasurer:
The treasurer shall be the fiscal and accounting officer of the Village and shall be responsible to the Council for carrying out his duties, which include:
- Preparing an annual budget and financial reports.
- Receiving, collecting and depositing all monies due the Village, and signing all checks and vouchers for their disbursement.
- Act as the custodian of official bonds and all instruments for the payment of money to the Village.
- Auditing of bills, invoices, payrolls, or other claims against the Village and determining the correctness before submission to Council.
- Performing all other financial duties imposed by any measure of Council, or by the Constitution or laws of the State of Ohio.
(per Village of Silver Lake Codified Ordinances Charter Section 5.02)
Kathryn Kleinhans, Assistant to the Clerk-Treasurer