It’s HALLOWEEN Silver Lake! The Village is very excited to host the 1st Annual Village of Silver Lake Pumpkin Creation Contest. When we say creation, we mean creations! Carve, paint, decorate, whatever you think will win your little ghost or goblin the prize of 1st place! Below are the details and the Rules and Regulations. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Village office, either via phone or email. Thank you, good luck and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
For Pumpkin Creations: all Silver Lake residents between the age of 0 – 17
For the House Decorating: all Village of Silver Lake homes
For Pumpkin Creations: any type of pumpkin decorating your child can think of that will WOW Village residents and encourage them to vote for you! Pumpkins can be carved, painted, decorated, whatever! The limit is your imagination!
For House Decorating: There are two categories to enter, one is traditional spooky Halloween and the other is a harvest home style.
For Pumpkin Creations: please drop off your child’s pumpkin at the Village office on either Thursday October 22nd or Friday October 23rd between the hours of 8am-4:30pm. When you drop off your pumpkin, the parent will fill out a form indicating your child’s age and category they wish their pumpkin to be entered in. We have two categories SPOOKY OR CREATIVE. Please make sure to specify. Also when dropping off your pumpkin, be sure to take home your goodie bag! It is our way of saying thank you for entering our fun Halloween event! (All goodie bags are provided by The Silver Lake Police Association) If you can not drop your pumpkin off to Village Hall on either the 22nd or 23rd, entries may be accepted via picture. Email a picture of the child holding the pumpkin and another picture of just the pumpkin to email@example.com. If there are any complications, please either email or call Village Hall and we can make arrangements to assist.
For House Decorating: All families that wish to enter the house decorating contest, please submit one to two photos of the decorated home to Steve Justice (SLPD) at firstname.lastname@example.org by OCTOBER 24th. If you need assistance taking pictures or uploading pictures, please call or email Village Hall. We can accommodate anyone needing help! There are two categories that will be voted on for the house decorating: SPOOKY (Good old fashion scary Halloween) or HARVEST HOME (Fall and family friendly decorations. Please specify in the email which category you would like your home entered for the contest!
All voting for both contests will take place on the Village of Silver Lake Facebook Page. All pumpkins will be divided into ages and either spooky or creative. For house decorating the houses will be divided into the category of choice. Voting will take place starting Monday October 26th and end at noon on Saturday October 31st. Winners will be announced on the Village Facebook Page at approximately 1pm. All pumpkins will need to be collected from Village Hall by Monday, November 2nd please. Pumpkins will be disposed of if not collected.
All votes will be cast via Facebook. The event will be created and accessible via the Village of Silver Lake Facebook page. All Silver Lake residents are encouraged to vote! The way to vote is to simply click “like” on the picture of the pumpkin or house in each category that is your favorite. The pumpkin or house with the most votes is the winner! If Facebook does not work, please feel free to call Village Hall with your votes! All pumpkins dropped off will be displayed in front of Village Hall by the new Village sign.
For Pumpkin Creations: There are 5 different age groups and two different categories. A ribbon and an Amazon Gift Card will be awarded to each of the 5 winners in each of the two categories for pumpkin as well as in the house decorating portion.
Age Groups for Pumpkins:
Under 5, 6 – 8, 9 – 11, 12 – 14, 15 – 17
$25 Amazon Gift Card Winner per age per category
For House Decorating:
$50 Amazon Gift Card Winner per category
THE RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- All entries MUST be Village of Silver Lake Residents
- ONE entry per child for pumpkins and one entry per household for house decorating
- Voting done by checking “like” on the photo. One vote can be cast in each age group and category.
- Voting is open to SILVER LAKE VILLAGE RESIDENTS ONLY
- Pumpkin Creations need to be turned into Village Hall on October 22nd or 23rd during office hours. ** If there is an issue, please contact us either via email or phone and we will assist
- Decorated House pictures need to be emailed to Steve Justice (SLPD) at email@example.com by Sunday October 25th and voting begins the 26th
- All pumpkins and decorated houses need to be PG rated-neither discriminatory, inappropriate of children, or obscene and offensive to neighbors to see or hear.
- Decorations must comply with all Village of Silver Lake housing codes.
- Homes and Pumpkins will be voted on solely by their presentation. Any other criteria such as residents age, race, gender, personality, or any other criteria is prohibited.
- The Village office has the right to disqualify and not enter any entry they deem violates any of the above rules or guidelines.
THE VILLAGE OF SILVER LAKE HOPES YOU ENJOY THIS EVENT. ITS INTENT IS TO BRING JOY AND ENTERTAINMENT TO OUR WONDERFUL LITTLE VILLAGE THAT WE ALL CALL HOME! HAVE FUN AND LET’S SEE THOSE GHOSTLY AND GHOULISH PUMPKINS AND HOUSES!!